Friday 8 May 2009

Bank holiday weekend

It was a bit breezy this May bank holiday, we needed lots of weights to anchor the gazebo down! We had a bit of a disappointing weekend at Berrington Hall, a national trust house in Herefordshire, where we only sold little things (like Colin's new range of bookmarks). We made the stall fee back, just, but people were really looking, not buying. I'm exactly the same though so can't complain!
Clun Green Man festival was on the Monday, which was great. I've gone as a punter most years but this is the first visit as a stallholder and I loved it. Lots of lovely people, lots of cold wind. Several folk asked if I had mittens - in May!!
Back home knitting woolly hats to felt as I sold 4 - only one sunhat though :(

Beginning to think about our adventure later in the year when we head for the South for a few months to try our luck there. We've booked some promising-sounding hand made craft fairs as we get a bit fed up competing with bought in mass produced stuff, so fingers crossed.

Next job is a website of some sort, or an online shop like Folksy. As ever I expect it will take me weeks...

Cake in the oven smells cooked, must go!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment